Updated May 9, 2020
Writing Should be the Easiest Part of the TOEFL. But…
Many students take the TOEFL again and again to get the writing score they need. This is horrible because the writing section should be the easiest part of the TOEFL for most students. The problem is that most students don’t get sufficient feedback when they practice for the test.
Don’t Worry. I Can Help You.
Sign up for my essay evaluation service and you’ll get:
- Line-by-line corrections of your practice essays provided by a native English speaker.
- Corrections of all your grammar and vocabulary errors.
- An accurate score estimate for your essay.
- Personalized advice on how to score higher next time.
- Complete templates for both essay types that will show you proper structure.
- Complete feedback within 48 hours.
- Note that I also offer speaking evaluations and proofreading services for university admissions documents and personal essays.
Sign up Now Using PayPal/Visa/Mastercard
Here’s How it Works (Please Read This)
- Buy an evaluation using the PayPal link above. Save money by purchasing multiple evaluations.
- Write your next practice essay (integrated or independent). Use your own topic or ask us for practice questions.
- E-mail your completed essay in any format (or share with Google Docs) to TOEFL Resources: email@example.com
- I will respond in 48 hours. If you don’t see it, remember to check your spam folder.
- You can send your essays all at once or one at a time.
- Note for Korean Customers: New banking regulations in Korea make it impossible for you to use PayPal. Send me an email and I’ll arrange an easy bank transfer.
Who Will Check Your Essay?
I will! My name is Michael Goodine, and I am the founder of TOEFL Resources. I personally check every essay. Here’s a bit of information about me:
- I’ve been helping students prepare for the TOEFL for the past ten years, and in that time I have read about twenty-five thousand TOEFL essays from students. I know what works, and I know what doesn’t work. My students have entered Ivy League business schools, have qualified for needed pharmacy and detail licenses and have gained admission to undergraduate programs all over the world. I work with all kinds of people!
- I hold a degree in English Literature from beautiful Dalhousie University.
- I have received TOEFL teacher training direct from ETS, the creators of the TOEFL. I update this training several times every year. You can see my ETS certificates from April 2019 and December 2019.
- I am obsessed with TOEFL writing, and have written several research articles about how the test is scored. Check out my detailed study of the e-rater software and an update from 2020.
- I worked a researcher and textbook writer (TOEFL/TOEIC) for Hackers Education Group, one of the largest publishers of TOEFL textbooks in Asia.
I like to think I’m an expert when it comes to the TOEFL writing section. I want to use that expertise to help you reach your goals.
What will the “Line by Line” Corrections Look Like?
Something like this. Click for a bigger version.
What is Everyone Saying About the Service?
“I have just received my scores for the TOEFL special home edition (Covid 19) : 27-reading, 27-listening, 28-speaking, 26-writing. I really did not expect to get such high scores at my first attempt! Your advice helped me improve my writing and speaking skills significantly. I do recommend your services to anyone looking for an efficient and cost-effective preparation to this exam. Thank you very much!”
“I scored 114 overall! Thanks to you, my writing score has improved from 25 to 28! Your advice effectively pointed out my weak points and ways to improve them (especially the grammatical errors). Also, your prompt responses website helped me a lot. Now I am ready to apply for my dream schools! Once again, thank you very much!”
“Writing: 30/30, all thanks to Michael: Thank you so very much for all your assistance without which I couldn’t have scored full marks in writing. Your constant essay improvement tips helped me immensely. Thank you, once again and I am definitely recommending this website to my friends.”
“I had my exam on Nov 16th. My TOEFL results are out today and scored 104. I got 28 in the writing section. I have taken this exam twice and have never scored this much. Michael helped me a lot. He corrected my essays and gave helpful tips. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND GREAT HELP. I had surfed the Internet like hell to get help and for reviews. I’m glad that at last I found Michael. “
“Finally received my score. It’s 29 in writing, 28-speaking, 30-reading, 30-listening. I just wanted you to know that the good score in writing is partly because of your help. The essays you reviewed and the suggestions you gave really helped me in paying attention to details in my essays, especially the grammatical mistakes. THANK YOU!”
“I got 115 in total. R29, L28, S28, W30. Thank you so much for helping me with my writing and speaking! The rules you taught me about writing are especially useful! Thank you so much!”
“My TOEFL results just came in. My overall score is 114 (R 29; L 29; S 29; W 27). Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it! I am happy you advised me. I never expected to get such high result, but the materials on your website about the speaking and writing sections helped me a lot.”
Thanks a lot Michael. You might not know this, but you have helped a whole lot of people. Your videos are amazing and your templates helped me greatly. Especially since I studied alone and have no experience. I just received my score (101). I am immensely grateful. You are sublime.