Here are the TOEFL requirements for Harvard University, updated October 31, 2015.
- Undegraduate applicants are not required to submit a TOEFL score (source)
- Students may submit a score if they have already taken the test
Graduate departments all have different TOEFL requirements. Some popular programs include:
- Engineering and Applied Sciences - 80 points (source)
- Medical Sciences - 100 points (source)
- School of Design - 92 points (source)
- Kennedy School of Government - 100 points (source)
- Harvard Business School (MBA) - 109 points (source)
- Harvard Law - 100 points (25/25/25/25) (source)
- Education - 104 (26/26/26/26) (source)
Note that no departments accept a TOEFL score of less than eighty points.
- Note that most programs that fall within Harvard's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences do not accept IELTS scores. Programs outside of that school often do accept IETLS. It is best to check with the invdividual departments.
Harvard Extension School
- A score of 100 points is required for most programs at the Harvard Extension School. A score of band 7.0 on IELTS is also accepted (source).