About the TOEFL Speaking Section
The TOEFL Speaking section has just questions. You are given either 45 or 60 seconds to answer each one. They are (in order): Personal Choice, Campus Announcement, General To Specific, and Academic Lecture. The personal choice question is purely speaking, while the other three questions require you to speak only after reading and listening to academic content.
Note that In August 2019 the “personal preference” and “campus situation” questions were removed from the test.
TOEFL Speaking Guides
- Complete templates for each TOEFL speaking task.
- A detailed guide to TOEFL Speaking Question One (Personal Choice)
- A detailed guide to TOEFL Speaking Question Two (Campus Announcement)
- A detailed guide to TOEFL Speaking Question Three (General to Specific)
- A detailed guide to TOEFL Speaking Question Four (Academic Lecture)
TOEFL Speaking Evaluation
- Sign up today to have your practice recordings evaluated by a TOEFL speaking expert. I’ll listen to your recordings and give you feedback regarding your delivery, language use, topic development and structure.
- I’ve started to record answers to TOEFL speaking questions. Check them out.