The TOEFL Speaking section has just four questions. You are given either 45 or 60 seconds to answer each one.
- Personal Choice
- Campus Announcement
- General To Specific
- Academic Lecture
The personal choice question is purely speaking, while the other three questions require you to speak only after reading and listening to academic material and conversations. Guides and speaking templates for each question are below.
Note that In August 2019 the “personal preference” and “campus situation” questions were removed from the test.
TOEFL Speaking Evaluation
- Sign up today to have your practice recordings evaluated by a TOEFL speaking expert. I’ll listen to your recordings and give you feedback regarding your delivery, language use, topic development and structure.
TOEFL Speaking Guides
- Complete templates for each TOEFL speaking task.
- A detailed guide to TOEFL Speaking Question One (personal choice)
- A detailed guide to TOEFL Speaking Question Two (Campus Announcement)
- A detailed guide to TOEFL Speaking Question Three (General to Specific)
- A detailed guide to TOEFL Speaking Question Four (Academic Lecture)
Check Out Our Video Series