Well, I was able to get a few more questions answered.  Nothing really earth-shattering here, but I thought I would pass the answers along.  Please don’t consider the answers direct quotes by ETS.  They have been edited by myself for clarity and organization.

Q: In the reading section is it possible for test-takers to receive 9 questions instead of 10 questions? There are students claiming that they have received only 9 questions.

A: There have been tests where students received 9 questions instead of 10. There will be further clarification from ETS about this.

Q: In the speaking section, Advantages and disadvantages,” and multiple choice(choose from 3 options) independent questions have been absent since August. Are they gone for good?

A: While we cannot say those formats will never appear again, they featured most prominently in our old Item 1 question (the Free Choice question), which we eliminated when we shortened the test.

Q: Does ETS have plans to release a new conversion chart for TOEFL raw scores and scaled scores?

A: Not at this time.

Q: Does ETS have plans to restore level descriptions of each speaking or writing task in the score report? (The ones that showed limited’ ‘weak or fair results for each task)

A: Not at this time.

Q: Does ETS have plans to release a new version of official guidebooks and other test prep materials?

A: An updated Official Guide to the TOEFL Test and Official TOEFL iBT Tests (volumes 1 and 2) will be released; the current projected release date is June 2020, but that date may change.

Subscribe
Notify of

4 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments