Since the TOEFL changed quite a lot on August 1 of this year, there is a need for new practice materials. A bunch of new books are due out in late 2019 and early 2020. I’ll try to contact the publishers to confirm that they will match the new format. In the meantime, here’s what I know (links are to Amazon, when possible):
- Barron’s will issue the 16th edition of its TOEFL book on September 3, 2019.
- Barron’s will also issue a new version of its Superpack on September 3, 2019. I don’t know if the other books in the superpack (writing, vocabulary, tests) will be updated.
- This book will NOT be updated to reflect the new version of the TOEFL, but the practice tests will be put online, and they WILL match the new version.
- Kaplan will issue a new version of its TOEFL Prep Plus Book on September 3, 2019. It will be updated to match the new version of the test.
- Princeton Review will release a book currently called “Princeton Review TOEFL iBT Prep” on February 4, 2020. I assume this will actually just be the 2020 edition of “Cracking the TOEFL.”
- It looks like Smart Edition will publish their first ever TOEFL book on June 1, 2020.
- They have no listings anywhere, but Collins Language Tweeted at me a few days ago that they plan to issue new books this year.
- ETS has indicated to me that they do not know when they will issue a new version of the Official Guide to the TOEFL, but that new printings will come with an insert that explains the changes to the test.