Great news! This year, Dr. Pamela Sharpe (author of Barron’s TOEFL iBT ) will again provide scholarships to help students cover the cost of taking the TOEFL test. Dr. Sharpe has offered this scholarship for decades, and last year she awarded scholarships of $200 to seven students, including several readers of this blog.
Like last year, the relevant details are:
- The scholarship is open to students from all countries.
- Students should have taken the test at least once before and be preparing to take it again to earn a higher score.
- To apply, students must write an essay on the following topic – “What is the best way to prepare for the TOEFL?” and include at least three suggestions.
- The essays (along with contact information) should be e-mailed to email@example.com in September.
- The scholarships will be awarded in October, and students will be contacted by e-mail.
I really want to draw your attention to the last point. You should wait until September to send your essays. Instead of sending your essay right away, use August to think about your work. Try to be thoughtful and persuasive. Really demonstrate that you have a serious plan to prepare for the TOEFL.
More information is available on Dr. Sharpe’s personal website. Scroll down to the second scholarship listed there.